After the 1st week of play, no top 10 (except lowly Cal) team has lost but some won "better" than others. Some played good teams, some played borderline division II teams (*COUGH*W. Virginia all season).
So let's look at the top teams:
1. Ohio State. Did well against a no name team with a good running back. congrats... You beat Texas next week, you can stay #1.
2. Notre Dame. Pulls out a squeaker vs. a mid-level team (Georgia Tech). "Heismen" quarterback doesn't throw a touchdown to "Heisman" receiver.
3. Texas. See #1. Next week will send 1 or 3 to #10
4. Auburn. beat Washinton State. Congrats. I really don't know what to say about this. Wa St. sucks, they will end up 3-9 with lucky wins against other shitty Pac 10 teams.
5. West Virginia. Played Marshall. See #4 Marshall sux too.
6. USC convincingly went into Arkansas and soundly beat them. Arkansas is on the level of Georgia Tech. USC SPANKED them last year and 2/3rds of the state turned out for the game/vengance. Expect them to go up.
7. Florida: Soundly beat Southern Miss. Not a top 25 team but solid.
8. LSU : Beat the Ragin' Cajuns. Not a big feat but still convincing.
9. Cal. I know they suck but I think they played below their already over-hyped level. Worst tackling ever. QB play was poor. OK Rushing. Meanwhile Tennessee, who had a losing record last year is back. Bye bye from top 10 for the rest of the year.
10. Oklahoma. Adrian Peterson+10. Hope he stays healthy.
11.The winner of Florida State - Miami...welcome to the top 10!
Prediction.USC and Florida move up. Notre Dame (and loser of Texas-Ohio State next week) move down.
Only a few weeks until USC attains its rightful place in the top 2.