Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Uh Oh..Pete Carroll setting himself up for departure from USC


Well, the news confirmed this week that Pete Carroll did meet with Dolphins Owner Wayne Huizenga for 4 hours and said,
"This was the one instance I've come in contact with that has all the elements I have talked about," Carroll said at a news conference on campus. "[Huizenga] has structured a program where the head coach has the entire say, from top to bottom.

"It's a one-voice program. I don't think there are any other situations like that in the NFL."

Carroll said he was not offered the Miami coaching job, and stressed that he has never thought about leaving USC since arriving after the 2000 season.

"I'm thrilled to be here," he said. "As I've been the whole time, I haven't wavered. I know that being curious about it has helped me appreciate what we have here.

"I absolutely expect to be here."


Umm. Sorry. But you don't.

To Mike Garrett: Call Norm Chow ASAP. Pete, its been great. I wish you'd stay...but jockeying for more NFL $ is all you are doing now. Its over. congrats and all of that.

Man. This has put a damper on my offseason...next thing you know Jarrett will go pro....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you've hit the nail on the head, PC is gone! He has done a great job for SC. We need to thank him and move on. I personally think Garrett will breathe a sigh of relief when he, (PC) announces his departure, for the last three years come January, Garrett has to experience the same drama and churning stomach, worrying whether Pete will be back.
Candidates:

Norm Chow..if his pride is not in the way.

Chris Peterson...Boise State, this mans ability is just becoming known.

Greg Schiano..Rutgers coach has to ability to motivate the young men who play for him.

1/10/2007 9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home