Sunday, November 19, 2006

Who is David Buehler?

I f'ing love it. I was just talking the other day with a friend about why there are no big kickers out there. I mean why do kickers have to be so small - why not train a reciever or linebacker or QB to kick. (spare me the George Blanda/Danny White/ Randall Cunningham bs. I know)

So anyway..kinda under the radar, Carroll offers a scholarship to a JC transfer from Santa Ana who is a good fullback/linebacker type who also happens to have a rocket leg. Nice one Pete! Any more surprises?

6'3" 230 pounds with full linebacker/fullback pads gets the call to kick a field goal at a pivotal time in the most important game thus far this year. Mario Danelo, who has been very solid, doesn't have that range.

Buehler (love the name) knocks it straight through the uprights with 15 yards to spare. USC goes on to win.



I fully expect him to drop kick a field goal in the BCS championship game. He'll then play rugby for 5 years and return to the NFL as a kicker

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home