Sunday, December 03, 2006

the interception was a trap - 4th and 3 from the 18

Am I the only one who noticed this?!?!?

Shame on everyone - especially the refs for not reviewing this.

I will post video as soon as I can

OK, I am not the only one:
from Digg:
Am I the only one (I didn't read the entire thread, so excuse me if someone else commented on this) that noticed that the UCLA player didn't catch/intercept the ball (at the end of the game)?

I replayed it frame by frame and the ball CLEARLY touched the ground.
In such an important game why was there NO review?

I don't have any bias whatsoever. I have no connection to either school and I'm not a fan of either team other than enjoying watching good football.

I sat there, sort of staring in disbelief (no, my arms were NOT outstretched, and I'm not a Fur Trapper) and yelling at the TV when nothing was
mentioned by the announcers and there was no [correct] call on the field.

After that, I felt sure the replay booth officials would "automatically" review the play seeing as it was within the last 2:00 of the game (that IS the rule in college football, right?).

Either way, the bottom line is (or SHOULD be) that if you look at the play from the correct angle (from behind the USC line of scrimmage) in slow motion/freeze-frame the player's hands did NOT cradle the ball. The ball DID touch the ground, and the play should have been ruled an incomplete pass.

Unfortunately the correct call wasn't made, and true bottom line is that the game is over and we'll never know what the outcome of the game would have been if the CORRECT call was made...

It's a shame that this missed call happened with so much at stake.

I wish that I was able to have recorded the game so that I could show a picture of the freeze-frame on my blog, but I'm sure others did record it and they can replay it and see for themselves.

I watched a couple sports-news shows but I haven't seen anyone say a word about the missed call....

Unbelievable!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home